Born in Armenia 1954, Sev started his career as a writer until he met a group of underground artists and joined their ranks. As a member of the 3rd Floor art group and later as a member of the international art group BUNKER, Sev took part in about 100 exhibitions and creative actions in Armenia, Russia, Lithuania, Estonia, France, and Germany from 1987 to 1999. His works are part of the permanent collections of the Narva City Museum in Estonia; Panevezhiss City Museum in Lithuania, and Museum of Contemporary Art of Madeline, Colombia and private collections in Armenia, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, USA, Canada, Australia, Netherlands & Sweden. Sev now lives and works in Los Angeles.
Till 1984 he was engaged in literature. After burning his writings, he starts doing experiments with wasted materials and found objects.
1985 Passes from political underground to underground of art.
In 1986 he starts his open-air exhibit-actions in the streets of Yerevan (Armenia).
Co-Founder of “BUNKER” art group, Yerevan Armenia.
- 1986 May – “Pilgrimage to the Art Dump”, joint art happening with Achot Achot. Central Power plant of Yerevan, Yerevan Armenia.
- 1987 Becoming a member of “3-rd Floor” Avant-garde Art Group.
- 1988 Firs All Soviet Festival of Avant-garde Art; Narva, Estonia.
- 1987-89 Exhibitions in Yerevan, Gyumri (Armenia), Moscow (Russia), Panevezhis (Lithuania), Narva (Estonia).
- 1989 September-October; “3-rd Floor in Paris”, Daniel Mitterrand’s Foundation France Liberty”; Paris, France.
- 1990 Founds and publishes the Avant-garde magazine “AYSOR” (“TODAY”).
- 1997 Gyumry Center for Contemporary Art (co-founder).
- 1998 Gyumry First International Biennale (coordinator).
- 2000 “Welcome to Art Dump”, solo exhibition, BGH Gallery, Bergamot Station Art Center, Santa Monica, CA.
- 2000 “Parking Lot-1”, “Parking Lot-2”, performance art festival at Avo Iskanian’s plant parking lot.
- 2001-2003 “BUNKER” Art Group’s Exhibitions in: Moscow (Russia), Paris (France), Yerevan (Armenia), Los Angeles (USA).
- 2003 “From Yerevan to Los Angeles”, solo exhibition, “ENISEN” Gallery, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2005 “BROKEN EGGS”, “BUNKER” Art Group’s Exhibition, IGM Gallery, USC, LA, CA.
- 2004- 2005 “EGO”, International Art Project, Ezanville (France), Medellin (Columbia). Curator Acho Achot.
- 2006 “Art as a Mystical Anarchy – BUNKER +”, Don O’ Melveny Gallery, LA, CA.
- 2006 “Open Door”, group exhibition, Don O‘Melveny Gallery, LA, CA.
- 2006 “Fresh View”, Kazan Fine Arts Gallery, Culver City, CA.
- 2007 “Transitions”, H. Kazan Fine Arts Gallery, Culver City, CA.
- 2008 “Voices Of Our Time”, H. Kazan Fine Arts Gallery, Culver City, CA.
- 2008 “VISIBLE/INVISIBL”, H. Kazan Fine Arts Gallery, Culver City, CA.
- 2009 “Gaza/Rebirth”, International project (Curator Onnig Kardash), Stanfordville, New York.
- 2009 “KAIROS”, H. Kazan Fine Arts Gallery, Culver City, CA.
- 2012 LA Art Show “Mooradian Gallery”. LA. CA.
- 2012 “Black Crow”, abstract art exhibition, Yerevan Modern Art Museum. Armenia.
- 2012 “Shushi Art Project”, Sushi, Artsakh, Armenia. Curator Harry Vorperian. VIII Gyumri International Biennale. Gyumri, Armenia. Curatore Azat Sargsyan.
Art works in Museums: Panevezhis City Museum, Lithuania; Narva Art Museum, Estonia, “Modern Art Museum” Medellin, Columbia; Museum of Collage and Assemblage, Los Angeles.
Awards and other: Certificate of Honor, from “Academy of Poor Art”, 1985, Yerevan Armenia. (Self Granted). “Most Popular Artist of Festival”, First All Soviet Festival of Avant-garde Art, Narva, Estonia.1988. “Certificate of Recognition”, from the California Assembly Member Dario Frommer, 2003, LA, CA. “Certificate of Recognition”, from “Salute America”.